Switch to Linear ModeSwitch to Hybrid ModeSwitch to Threaded Mode
Printer Friendly View | Email this page | Register Now to start posting!
nicholastio Registered User


Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,001
Trade rep: 27 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
closed nicholastio Mar 22nd, 12, 04:46 PM #1

CLOSED


sg.png
Last edited by nicholastio; Apr 7th, 12 at 02:18 AM..
ChaoticOrb
ChaoticOrb's Avatar
Poor Guy


Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: CCK
Posts: 2,022
Trade rep: 10 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
ChaoticOrb Mar 22nd, 12, 05:03 PM #2
better to get separate parts rather than a kit
My first WC Project!
Please support!
sg.png
nicholastio Registered User


Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,001
Trade rep: 27 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
nicholastio Mar 22nd, 12, 05:06 PM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticOrb View Post
better to get separate parts rather than a kit
ya i hear that alot.
but im totally new in this.
been reading up on WC since last night and learnt abit here and there but still not knowledgeable enough to come up with my own shopping list for parts.
basically the parts must fit each other and aluminium and copper cannot be in the same wc setup. thats what i know. lol
sg.png
ChaoticOrb
ChaoticOrb's Avatar
Poor Guy


Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: CCK
Posts: 2,022
Trade rep: 10 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
ChaoticOrb Mar 22nd, 12, 05:21 PM #4
shopping list is easy
1) radiator (and fans)
2) pump
3) waterblock for cpu
4) waterblock for gpu
5) reservoir or T-Line
6) tubings and fittings
7) additives (if distilled water)

most reputable/recommended brands do not use aluminum, I believe.

maybe firstly you can figure out how big a radiator you want to have.
after which, narrow down your choices with either strong, slight noisier setup, or a quiet setup. this should make up your radiator and fan combo.

depending on how long your loop/casing or how many components you have in the loop, choose a pump. most people will recommend to use either MCP655 or MCP355.

most parts in the market are also in G1/4 thread so no issues there.

then you can choose a configuration for your pump, namely:
1 - stock pump w/ res or T-Line
2 - pump w/ 3rd party pump top w/ res or T-Line
3 - pump w/ res pump top
4 - integrated BayRes and pump

and many others. (the 4 are more commonly used)

with the above, your pump, res, rad and fans settled already.
decide on a color scheme, and choose your waterblocks, tubings, and fittings.

go with distilled water and choose an additive of your choice.
if want color, add dye or use a coolant instead. or solid color tubes

Monsoon Free Center Compressions sells a 6piece pack that's quite cheap and in many colors.
My first WC Project!
Please support!
sg.png
Last edited by ChaoticOrb; Mar 22nd, 12 at 05:36 PM..
Thanks to ChaoticOrb for this useful post! Mar 22nd, 12, from r-ussi-a
ChaoticOrb
ChaoticOrb's Avatar
Poor Guy


Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: CCK
Posts: 2,022
Trade rep: 10 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
ChaoticOrb Mar 22nd, 12, 05:22 PM #5
bro budget 300 quite tough, need to seek out the pros like Keon, kenclass, lee-turbo, etc for advice.

if you go with the kit, u still need to factor in fans and gpu block
My first WC Project!
Please support!
sg.png
Last edited by ChaoticOrb; Mar 22nd, 12 at 05:24 PM..
nicholastio Registered User


Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,001
Trade rep: 27 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
nicholastio Mar 22nd, 12, 05:47 PM #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticOrb View Post
shopping list is easy
1) radiator (and fans)
2) pump
3) waterblock for cpu
4) waterblock for gpu
5) reservoir or T-Line
6) tubings and fittings
7) additives (if distilled water)

most reputable/recommended brands do not use aluminum, I believe.

maybe firstly you can figure out how big a radiator you want to have.
after which, narrow down your choices with either strong, slight noisier setup, or a quiet setup. this should make up your radiator and fan combo.

depending on how long your loop/casing or how many components you have in the loop, choose a pump. most people will recommend to use either MCP655 or MCP355.

most parts in the market are also in G1/4 thread so no issues there.

then you can choose a configuration for your pump, namely:
1 - stock pump w/ res or T-Line
2 - pump w/ 3rd party pump top w/ res or T-Line
3 - pump w/ res pump top
4 - integrated BayRes and pump

and many others. (the 4 are more commonly used)

with the above, your pump, res, rad and fans settled already.
decide on a color scheme, and choose your waterblocks, tubings, and fittings.

go with distilled water and choose an additive of your choice.
if want color, add dye or use a coolant instead. or solid color tubes

Monsoon Free Center Compressions sells a 6piece pack that's quite cheap and in many colors.
hmmm. thanks for the breakdown for me.
from what i can decide now,
Rad = 240mm (so can fit nicely ontop of my 500r case) but thickness not too sure, probably wont mind if i cannot close the top cover.
Silence setup is a must, I dont do extreme overclocking, i usually just overclock till the point stock voltage allows me to do so, currently only 4.2ghz with my 2500k without increasing volt.
Pump im not sure, and what setup also dont know, dont know whats the difference, colour scheme is not important as my 500r has no windows.

so basically i need help with which pump and which config, and i need a setup which allows me to cool my gpu as well in the future when i decide to cool my gpu as well.
sg.png
Last edited by nicholastio; Mar 22nd, 12 at 05:50 PM..
ChaoticOrb
ChaoticOrb's Avatar
Poor Guy


Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: CCK
Posts: 2,022
Trade rep: 10 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
ChaoticOrb Mar 22nd, 12, 05:52 PM #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholastio View Post
hmmm. thanks for the breakdown for me.
from what i can decide now,
Rad = 240mm (so can fit nicely ontop of my 500r case) but thickness not too sure, probably wont mind if i cannot close the top cover.
Silence setup is a must, I dont do extreme overclocking, i usually just overclock till the point stock voltage allows me to do so, currently only 4.2ghz with my 2500k without increasing volt.
Pump im not sure, and what setup also dont know, dont know whats the difference, colour scheme is not important as my 500r has no windows.
silence setup then go for lower FPI radiators like Hardware Labs Black Ice SR-1 series, or EK Coolstream XTX series.

can pair with gentle typhoons.

stock pumps are usually enhanced with 3rd party pump tops for more performance and/or aesthetics.

anyway all the above is my humble 2 cents, can wait for the real WC'ers pros to come and advice u
My first WC Project!
Please support!
sg.png
nicholastio Registered User


Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,001
Trade rep: 27 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
nicholastio Mar 22nd, 12, 06:09 PM #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticOrb View Post
silence setup then go for lower FPI radiators like Hardware Labs Black Ice SR-1 series, or EK Coolstream XTX series.

can pair with gentle typhoons.

stock pumps are usually enhanced with 3rd party pump tops for more performance and/or aesthetics.

anyway all the above is my humble 2 cents, can wait for the real WC'ers pros to come and advice u
i really appreciate your 2 cents.
pls recommend me on pumps and configuration.
best if u can just recomend me exactly what to buy.
preferably can buy all for edge2o in sg.
thanks alot!
sg.png
ChaoticOrb
ChaoticOrb's Avatar
Poor Guy


Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: CCK
Posts: 2,022
Trade rep: 10 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
ChaoticOrb Mar 22nd, 12, 06:31 PM #9
what's the fun if you just follow what people tell you to buy?

go and read reviews and see what people recommend, then select a few and narrow down your choice with your own judgement.

I was reading WC reviews and threads for a solid 3-4 months before I started even choosing my parts.
My first WC Project!
Please support!
sg.png
nicholastio Registered User


Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,001
Trade rep: 27 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
nicholastio Mar 22nd, 12, 06:40 PM #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticOrb View Post
what's the fun if you just follow what people tell you to buy?

go and read reviews and see what people recommend, then select a few and narrow down your choice with your own judgement.

I was reading WC reviews and threads for a solid 3-4 months before I started even choosing my parts.
haha yes i know. i wont follow what u listed blindly.
so this is the part where i "see what people recommend".
lol.
sg.png
nicholastio Registered User


Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,001
Trade rep: 27 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
nicholastio Mar 22nd, 12, 07:32 PM #11
hmm. i just realised if i really do go for individual parts the cost is so much higher.
probably at least 400 for a basic setup.
cause pump and resevoir seperately costs alot more than the xspc 2 in 1 solution.

probably go for the rs240 kit or rx240 kit.
has anyone used those kits?
any feedbacks?
sg.png
Kitteh Registered User


Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 425
Trade rep: 4 (70%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
Kitteh Mar 22nd, 12, 08:32 PM #12
Apparently the pump is absolete in the kit, join Keon.SG's mass order and order a XSPC MCP655 pump kit for 280USD from Performance PC. I'm going to order that later when I have the money, Keon said that it was really good value, and you save 50-60USD from when ordering everything separately.

XSPC Raystorm Extreme Universal CPU Watercooling Kit w/ RX240 Rev 2 Radiator/D5 Pump/Res Products Model: XSPC-EXT-WC-KIT-240 [XSPC-EXT-WC-KIT-240] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

this is the kit.
sg.png
nicholastio Registered User


Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,001
Trade rep: 27 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
nicholastio Mar 22nd, 12, 09:16 PM #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitteh View Post
Apparently the pump is absolete in the kit, join Keon.SG's mass order and order a XSPC MCP655 pump kit for 280USD from Performance PC. I'm going to order that later when I have the money, Keon said that it was really good value, and you save 50-60USD from when ordering everything separately.

XSPC Raystorm Extreme Universal CPU Watercooling Kit w/ RX240 Rev 2 Radiator/D5 Pump/Res Products Model: XSPC-EXT-WC-KIT-240 [XSPC-EXT-WC-KIT-240] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

this is the kit.
wah that pump is abit of an overkill no?
just going to cool my cpu and maybe gpu (single) in the future. lol
my main concern is that the pump might be noisy or vibration noises if it is in the reservoir combo.
sg.png
simways
simways's Avatar
Club VR Member


Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Yishun Chong Pang
Posts: 4,258
Trade rep: 136 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
simways Mar 22nd, 12, 10:36 PM #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitteh View Post
Apparently the pump is absolete in the kit, join Keon.SG's mass order and order a XSPC MCP655 pump kit for 280USD from Performance PC. I'm going to order that later when I have the money, Keon said that it was really good value, and you save 50-60USD from when ordering everything separately.

XSPC Raystorm Extreme Universal CPU Watercooling Kit w/ RX240 Rev 2 Radiator/D5 Pump/Res Products Model: XSPC-EXT-WC-KIT-240 [XSPC-EXT-WC-KIT-240] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

this is the kit.
The kit is quite a steal but you might need to purchase additional angle adaptor to adjust the routing of your tubling plus some might not like the bay reservoir in the package. Also if you might also want to incorporate a fillport for easy refilling or draining.

the kit plus shipping would still amount to S$400.
sg.png
Last edited by simways; Mar 22nd, 12 at 10:55 PM..
nicholastio Registered User


Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,001
Trade rep: 27 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
nicholastio Mar 22nd, 12, 10:56 PM #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by simways View Post
The kit is quite a steal but you might need to purchase additional angle adaptor to adjust the routing of your tubling plus some might not like the bay reservoir in the package. Also if you might also want to incorporate a fillport for easy refilling or draining.
chim. the more i know the more i dont know what i want for each part of my wc setup. and just this morning i thought i was good to go with the xspa rs240 kit. GG la
sg.png
New Thread | ↑↓ Similar Threads
Similar Threads Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Falcon108 Requests / Interest Check For Mass Order 42 Aug 28th, 11
11:22 AM
xernan Singapore Marketplace / Garage Sales 15 Apr 21st, 10
11:01 PM
echelon The Overclockers Bay 4 Mar 2nd, 06
11:48 PM
bliondi The Overclockers Bay 54 Oct 10th, 05
01:10 PM
cccp The Overclockers Bay 22 Sep 30th, 04
03:18 PM
Thread Tools Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode