Switch to Linear ModeSwitch to Hybrid ModeSwitch to Threaded Mode
Printer Friendly View | Email this page | Register Now to start posting!
Shamino
Master of past & present

Trade rep: 0 (0%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
ASUS A8R MVP Voltage Mod Shamino Jan 20th, 06, 09:32 AM #1

The ASUS A8R MVP is a great performing board with very high HTT overclocking capability. However, it is somewhat limited by its voltage options offered in its BIOS. For those who are looking for higher voltages on this board, we have the answer for you...

sg.png
Clint
Go ahead punk!

Clint Jan 20th, 06, 12:20 PM #2
Excellent, I've had my eyes on that board.
My idea was to undervolt it and then use it as a HTPC, an undervolted Opteron vill run very cool I think.

Could one cut that connection completely and solder a higher valued resistor there for hitting those lower volts...like 1.0 - 1.1 volt?
se.png
dnihilist Guest

Trade rep: (%)
Infractions: / ()
dnihilist Jan 20th, 06, 02:37 PM #3
Just what the doctor ordered...any chance of a chipset vmod? The board suffers as much from this as vcore.
jp.png
yantronic
Newbie of Past & Present

Trade rep: 5 (100%)
yantronic Jan 20th, 06, 08:22 PM #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint
Excellent, I've had my eyes on that board.
My idea was to undervolt it and then use it as a HTPC, an undervolted Opteron vill run very cool I think.

Could one cut that connection completely and solder a higher valued resistor there for hitting those lower volts...like 1.0 - 1.1 volt?
In theory, yes.

Kudos for the mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnihilist
Just what the doctor ordered...any chance of a chipset vmod? The board suffers as much from this as vcore.
Is your HTT bottlenecked?
Quote:
The opinions expressed above do not represent those of VR-Zone (VR Media PTE LTD Singapore) or any of their affiliates.

sg.png
dnihilist Guest

dnihilist Jan 20th, 06, 11:03 PM #5
Not really...315's ok...it's the 1T that's the problem.
jp.png
Shamino
Master of past & present

Shamino Jan 21st, 06, 03:14 AM #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnihilist
Not really...315's ok...it's the 1T that's the problem.
its more of a ram issue as said in revierw
with a pair of uccc no 1T for me.
tccd is 1T GG. Results may differ but hopefully it's just a memory compaitiblity issue that can be solved through a new bios.
sg.png
nismogt1 Guest

nismogt1 Jan 27th, 06, 02:00 PM #7
Hey guys,

I did the volt mod & it is working very well. I'm at 255x11 = 2805 mhz @ 1.6 volts & running well.
I posted pics of what I did on this forum below. Feel free to check it out & ask questions if you wish.

nismo

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=412050&page=3

At the top of this page is my rig I designed & built. Scroll down for volt mod pics.
us.png
Last edited by nismogt1; Jan 27th, 06 at 02:09 PM..
Shamino
Master of past & present

Shamino Jan 28th, 06, 12:56 AM #8
congrats man! that mods finishes up a near perfect painting doesn it??
sg.png
Ad Rock Guest

Ad Rock Feb 24th, 06, 04:30 AM #9
Any chance someone could figure out a Vdimm mod for this board? I already have the Vcore mod done to it, but my BH-5 needs the volts .

This is turning out to be a pretty nice board, very stable and has my Sandy at 3157 mhz so far.
ca.png
longsiew
NO GAMING NO TALK

Trade rep: 46 (100%)
longsiew Feb 24th, 06, 10:09 AM #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad Rock
Any chance someone could figure out a Vdimm mod for this board? I already have the Vcore mod done to it, but my BH-5 needs the volts .

This is turning out to be a pretty nice board, very stable and has my Sandy at 3157 mhz so far.
I heard that u can solder at pin 7 at Ram slot to bring the vdimm to 3.2volt. As of how to do it, I have not idea. May be u can ask the expert here. I did not try any soldering at all to my ram slot before. Thus u better get the confirmation first before doing it.
sg.png
Ad Rock Guest

Ad Rock Feb 24th, 06, 11:32 AM #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by longsiew
I heard that u can solder at pin 7 at Ram slot to bring the vdimm to 3.2volt. As of how to do it, I have not idea. May be u can ask the expert here. I did not try any soldering at all to my ram slot before. Thus u better get the confirmation first before doing it.
A "Kyosen" mod for this board would be great as well. I have a OCZ Powerstream so I can pull up whatever I want on my 3.3v line.

I can take some detailed photo's of this board if any of the experts here need them...
ca.png
longsiew
NO GAMING NO TALK

Trade rep: 46 (100%)
longsiew Feb 24th, 06, 01:52 PM #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad Rock
A "Kyosen" mod for this board would be great as well. I have a OCZ Powerstream so I can pull up whatever I want on my 3.3v line.

I can take some detailed photo's of this board if any of the experts here need them...
May be u want to post the pic at the volt mod section see weather yantronic or shamino can help u on this
sg.png
Ad Rock Guest

Ad Rock Feb 26th, 06, 06:33 AM #13
Alright here are some photo's. Please let me know if you need anything else for this.

http://www.cryo-laboratory.com/uploa...ock/Vdimm1.jpg

http://www.cryo-laboratory.com/uploa...ock/Vdimm2.jpg

http://www.cryo-laboratory.com/uploa...ock/Vdimm3.jpg

Hope this works, I NEED 3.6 Vdimm .
ca.png
Shamino
Master of past & present

Shamino Mar 2nd, 06, 06:23 PM #14
A few ways about it. you can do a solder from a pin at the back of a capacitor to the 3.3v atx pin behind or a solder from a pin behind the dimm slots to the atx pin. i think the pin from back of cap should be easier so let u know when i get around to it
us.png
Ad Rock Guest

Ad Rock Mar 3rd, 06, 11:58 AM #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamino
A few ways about it. you can do a solder from a pin at the back of a capacitor to the 3.3v atx pin behind or a solder from a pin behind the dimm slots to the atx pin. i think the pin from back of cap should be easier so let u know when i get around to it
Thanks Shamino, I cant tell you how much I appreciate you doing that (eventually ).
ca.png
↑↓ Linkbacks
Posted By For Type Date
ASUS A8R MVP Voltage Mod by VR-Zone.com This thread Refback Mar 18th, 12 05:23 PM
PCTuning • Zobrazit téma - V-Mod na Asus A8R-MVP ???(Zakl. deska) This thread Refback Mar 17th, 10 03:36 AM

Linear Mode Linear Mode