Switch to Linear ModeSwitch to Hybrid ModeSwitch to Threaded Mode
Printer Friendly View | Email this page | Register Now to start posting!
Dihudaxia Lackus Convictionus

Trade rep: 10 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
Razer Mamba Tracking Issues Dihudaxia May 27th, 09, 03:28 PM #1

To all those guys who bought the Razer Mamba from VR Forum MO....
And those who own a Razer Mamba.

Just had it installed yesterday, used the latest driver 1.04 from Razer Support Site.

I seem to have a few problems with the mouse and i am wondering if its a driver issue (very likely) or hardware issue.

Here is the list of things i find strange

1. Razer software: Cannot seem to lock in my preferences, esp the acceleration part. Everytime i shut down or restart the software seems to reset the acceleration part back to default. And its quite irritating for use.

2. Tracking issue: Cursor seems to randomly skip around the screen (its not all the time, just once in a while)

3. Dead Cursor: This happens when i leave the mouse untouched (watching movie, standby etc) for a while, when i move the mouse after a couple of mins of inactivity, it takes a while (5 secs) before the cursor on screen starts to move.

4. Charging of mouse: When i leave it on the dock (be it 3 hrs or overnight) the batt meter does not seem to stop moving. Does this mean its still charging (even after 7 hrs) or is this just normal?

Hope you all Mamba users can shed some light on these issues.
Other than the above, everything seems to be ok.

It may be that the gulfs will wash us down, it may be we shall touch the Happy Isles.
We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will, to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
sg.png
booest
集中精神, 闭关修行

Trade rep: 62 (100%)
booest May 27th, 09, 05:12 PM #2
damn~!
my mamba still in box-_-"

battery initial charge is 12~14 hours like phone i suppose

Life is a Gift, Never take it forgranted
| i5ooest:i5-2500K cooldby Shuriken Rev-B | Gene-Z mATX | 4 x 4GB DDR3 | Veloci 600Gb | S12-600W |
| Alcadia X3 -Black fortified by Silent9 |2707WFP (16:10) |

sg.png
hell007 Registered User

Trade rep: 16 (100%)
hell007 May 27th, 09, 05:43 PM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by booest View Post
damn~!
my mamba still in box-_-"

battery initial charge is 12~14 hours like phone i suppose
Pass to me i help u use it....

I never charge mine batt at 1st, i charge it for an hr then start using. I charge it last night, mine the batt bar show soild green after it charge (that what i saw when i wake up today).

The mamba auto power down when u idle, mine i just press the button or move the mouse it work.

Btw i just patch it to 1.03 only, as when i download dont have 1.04.
CPU 4960X
MB Rampage IV Black Edition
GPU GT 690x2
RAM Corsair Dominator Platinium 4 x 4 GB 1866MHz CL9
HDD Samsung Pro 840 256gb x 2 (Raid 0)
PSU Seasonic X Series Platimun 1000W
Case Caselabs SM8 Black
sg.png
Sexmaster2k
garfield82

Trade rep: 25 (100%)
Sexmaster2k May 27th, 09, 10:06 PM #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dihudaxia View Post
To all those guys who bought the Razer Mamba from VR Forum MO....
And those who own a Razer Mamba.

Just had it installed yesterday, used the latest driver 1.04 from Razer Support Site.

I seem to have a few problems with the mouse and i am wondering if its a driver issue (very likely) or hardware issue.

Here is the list of things i find strange

1. Razer software: Cannot seem to lock in my preferences, esp the acceleration part. Everytime i shut down or restart the software seems to reset the acceleration part back to default. And its quite irritating for use.

2. Tracking issue: Cursor seems to randomly skip around the screen (its not all the time, just once in a while)

3. Dead Cursor: This happens when i leave the mouse untouched (watching movie, standby etc) for a while, when i move the mouse after a couple of mins of inactivity, it takes a while (5 secs) before the cursor on screen starts to move.

4. Charging of mouse: When i leave it on the dock (be it 3 hrs or overnight) the batt meter does not seem to stop moving. Does this mean its still charging (even after 7 hrs) or is this just normal?

Hope you all Mamba users can shed some light on these issues.
Other than the above, everything seems to be ok.
Got my mamba from PCT, got all the problems above except for no.4
You gotta dock ur mouse properly, it can easily 'hang' on the docking bay but doesnt mean it is in contact with the power point. Dock it properly and wait for the meter to move before you go and do your stuff, Im saying this is becos I had this b4, but I was waiting for the meter to move but it din, so I align it again to get it to charge properly
[Mini-Review] PowerLogic Zen 1000 combo & Sensonic U3
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/sh....php?t=2986624
SMK2 & GF82 S'pore FIRST LOOK at Swiftech H220
http://forums.vr-zone.com/hardware-d...tech-h220.html
Guide: mini-showdown : Corsair H70 vs XXXX GTX570
http://forums.vr-zone.com/hardware-d...xx-gtx570.html
sg.png

Dihudaxia May 28th, 09, 11:42 AM #5
Hmmm, looks like i am not the only 1......
Well monitor the batt charging issue once this current charge is depleted.

But i am quite annoyed at the cursor jumping around when i am using it. Esp when i game.... Bleah!

For a GAMING mouse, i find this quite unacceptable. Hopefully its a driver issue, not a hardware issue.
It may be that the gulfs will wash us down, it may be we shall touch the Happy Isles.
We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will, to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
sg.png
cheesified
Happy User

Trade rep: 70 (100%)
cheesified May 28th, 09, 12:36 PM #6
for all razer laser mouse, seems to have that kind of problem.

copperhead>lachesis has this cursor jumping problem, i'm quite surprised that mamba has this bug after the few years too. guess razer didnt addressed the problem. heard that getting a good mouse pad solves this particular problem, but it doesnt solve for me.
NZXT Tempest v1
MSI p55a Fuzion | ci5-760 @ 2.8ghz, W/Hyper 212 & MX-2
2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tacticals DDR3-1600Mhz CL9
MSI GTX660 Hawk | Samsung S24B350T
SteelSeries 5Hv2/Altec Lansing 2.1
Enermax Modu 82+ 625W Bronze
Western Digital AALS 2x 640GB /EADS 1x 1TB
SteelSeries Sensei W/ Destructor | G105
Aerocool Modern-V
4x Gelid UV Wing 120mm | 2x Xigmatech 140mm

sg.png
Teemax Super User

Trade rep: 28 (100%)
Teemax May 28th, 09, 01:25 PM #7
Lachesis had the cursor jumping problem initially. However, if you upgrade the firmware the problem should go away. It did for me.
sg.png
sabe Super Meanarator

Trade rep: 220 (100%)
sabe May 28th, 09, 01:27 PM #8
I used to have the jumping problem as well. My RMAed set fixed it.
sg.png

Dihudaxia May 28th, 09, 01:58 PM #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesified View Post
for all razer laser mouse, seems to have that kind of problem.

copperhead>lachesis has this cursor jumping problem, i'm quite surprised that mamba has this bug after the few years too. guess razer didnt addressed the problem. heard that getting a good mouse pad solves this particular problem, but it doesnt solve for me.

I am using Razer's own mousepad.
Looks like its not a good one.

Kidding.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabe View Post
I used to have the jumping problem as well. My RMAed set fixed it.
You RMAed a Mamba already?
Hassle free?
Comtemplating to do the same if this issue does not go away by the next driver upgrade.
sg.png
sabe Super Meanarator

Trade rep: 220 (100%)
sabe May 28th, 09, 03:15 PM #10
Nah I'm referring to the jumping problem on the Lachesis pointed out by Teemax above me.
sg.png
blaster1102 Registered User

Trade rep: 15 (100%)
blaster1102 May 28th, 09, 06:46 PM #11
thats why i go for logitech.
use razer deathadder before. great mouse but the software is buggy.
sg.png
DangerousSean Registered User

Trade rep: 15 (100%)
DangerousSean May 28th, 09, 11:00 PM #12

Mouse jumping happen to all laser mouse as its too sensitive.especially on cloth based mouse, changing to a hard surface mouse pad help alot...based on personal experience of using Ikari laser mouse.
sg.png

Dihudaxia May 29th, 09, 02:57 PM #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerousSean View Post

Mouse jumping happen to all laser mouse as its too sensitive.especially on cloth based mouse, changing to a hard surface mouse pad help alot...based on personal experience of using Ikari laser mouse.

Hmmm, i did not set to full max sensitivity, i am using 3,200dpi max.
And on a hard surface mouse pad too.
Hehehe

Oh well.... I shall monitor the situation and see how it progresses.
sg.png

Dihudaxia Jun 5th, 09, 11:32 AM #14
5th June update.

My Mamba went thru 2 charges over the last week and a half.

Here is what i have found.

Charge 1 using direct cable to mouse charging:
Yellow batt bars at the side started charging, left it for 8 hrs, came back and its fully charged, yellow bars are at 3 points, and stopped moving

Charge 2 using docking to wireless hub/charger:
Made sure its secure and connect is correct, yellow batt bars at the side started charging, left it for 9 hrs, came back and the yellow bars are still moving up and down, meaning its not fully charged.

Why is it when i use the cable directly it can do a full charge but not with the dock??? Software issue or hardware issue? Does this warrant an RMA?

Side note: Mouse cursor jumping all over the place issue seems to have disappeared for the moment, very seldom happens if at all.

The resume from sleep (long periods of inactivity) still persist. Irritating.

No updates from Razer Support yet. Still waiting.
sg.png
New Thread | ↑↓ Similar Threads